GOA & VINDALOO

I am not sure why is this recipe so popular out side India, 
Copyrighted @nnd
but I had a few requests from blog readers & friends who wanted to learn how to make this vinegary flavored  Portuguese dish. I read some where that Vindaloo was used symbolically by Australians to support the Indian community a few years ago in Melbourne. :))  So I buckled down & experimented to make a veg version of  the oddly popular "Vindaloo". 
This is a recipe that originates from the most loved place in India- Goa, which was a Portuguese colony pre independence.
Copyrighted @nnd


Copyrighted @nnd
Goa is the land of sun, sand, cashews, beaches, beach side shacks, local beer, fish, forts, rickety boats, yachts, two wheelers, Ferraris, parties like you have never  seen before, ruined forts & beautiful churches. 

It is almost like this vindaloo recipe, which has a little bit of everything in it and a strong hit of that pungent acidic vinegar flavour, that goes straight to your head, that is exactly what  the culture of Goa & the trance Goan music does to you.  
I have sooooooooo many memories of Goa and every time I visit I create new memories. I wont be doing justice to Goa in this small blog post, however I will share some Goa moments with you just because I HAVE TO!! ;) 
Goa is about an 8-10 hours drive from where I live in India. I have been to Goa from all the different ways that exist and are according to me the best ways to get there. 
Copyrighted@ nnd
Goa-Mumbai highway, Pune to Goa via Kolhapur, Konkan railway and express way. Like I said I have  been to Goa quite a few times, with cousins, parents, in-laws and my dear hubby. Believe it or not, every time the experience has been different as we have explored different parts of Goa. I have lived in the least expensive beach side shacks to high end Taj exotica resorts, but no matter where you stay, how you get there, the magic of Goa will encapsulate you even without you knowing it! 
Copyrighted@ nnd
Goa is about taking it easy, it is place you go to, to get over your worries and watch the sun set on the most beautiful beaches. Its a place where you rediscover yourself, you get lost and leave with a promise in your heart to return as soon as possible to this historic emerald land of fun and surprises. 
Now what I am about to present is the basic Vindaloo paste, which you can mix with vegetables, tofu, fish or anything you like. Traditionally this goes well with all kinds of meat, so this one time I wont suggest what you mix it with and let you enjoy it the way you want it :))
See my next post for the vindaloo paste recipe. 






Comments

Julian Booth said…
Hello there!!..

Wow, what an amazing vacation this would be. The photos are all beautiful and exotic-looking. Well this is an absolute nice trip story of goa.Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it.Read More

anyways thanks again & keep sharing
personalized photo mug
Thomas David said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohammed Rehan said…
Thank you very much for sharing this blog.

Bike Rental in Goa